New Year, New Plan… Need Your Help – Which Digital Photography Books to Read January 13, 2014 0
Almost every year, I’m drawn to do a 365 project: 1 photo every day for the whole year. It is always a daunting task and one year I didn’t even complete it! I know many who try have found themselves in the same boat.
I love to do the project, because I continually read the only way to improve your photography is to pick up your camera and do something with it every day. This was my way of doing just that.
This year though, I’m taking a different approach with my photography. I was reading a post by Courtney at Click It Up A Notch on 14 Photography Project Ideas when it hit me…
I’m the most awful kind of book hoarder,
purchasing books and not taking the time to read them.
That has left me with a few digital photography books sitting on my shelf that I’ve barely read.
So this year, instead of jumping on another 365 bandwagon, I’ve decided I would pick one photography book per month and take the 30 or so days to work through it completely. I figure I could work through whatever assignments they have in the book and post my photos here to the blog.
I should name this project… maybe “The Photo Reader Project” or “Reading Your Photo Shelf” or something like that. What do you think?
This will, of course, require I set aside some time to read. Something seriously scarce around these parts. Hopefully the girl will cooperate…
On my list so far are the following books:
- Understanding Exposure, 3rd Edition: How to Shoot Great Photographs with Any Camera
- Food Photography: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- Nikon D600: From Snapshots to Great Shots
- The Photographer’s Mind: Creative Thinking for Better Digital Photos
- Extraordinary Everyday Photography: Awaken Your Vision to Create Stunning Images Wherever You Are
- The Unforgettable Photograph: 228 Ideas, Tips, and Secrets for Taking the Best Pictures of Your Life
- Taking Stock: Make money in microstock creating photos that sell
- Digital Photography Through the Year
- Photographically Speaking: A Deeper Look at Creating Stronger Images (Voices That Matter)
- The New Complete Guide to Night and Low-light Digital Photography, Updated Edition
- Elevate the Everyday: A photographic guide to picturing motherhood
As you can see, I’m missing a few months. Any photo buffs out there have other digital photography book recommendations or better suggestions? I could use your input.
And, please feel free to join me this sounds like the project for you!0
Tags: Nikon D600, photography, photography books
Categories: Photo Reading Project